Position Description & Details:
This position will support NDSU's mission through full stack development and responsive web design. Will also provide leadership in delivering, evaluating, implementing and maintaining web and digital communication services to support the needs of the university.
The web developer will be a key player in executing online communication strategies as part of a tightly integrated communication team.
Ensures that the university's websites are compliant with government regulations and mandates, including web accessibility.
Principal duties involve web design; front-end/back-end development and deployment with a CMS system; UX research and design; UI development; creation of end-user documentation and training materials; and customization and use of CMSs such as Drupal.
Advertised Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- 5 years' experience implementing websites, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Three+ years of experience in UX Design, with deep expertise in designing for large, complex websites
- Working knowledge of CSS precompilers (Sass, Less)
- Ability to collaborate with a team, and communicate across areas of specialization
- Demonstrated ability to create usable and accessible websites - requires portfolio to demonstrate
- Proven ability to build strong collaborative working relationships
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to manage projects and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with a Content Management System
- Related Bachelor's degree
- Experience working with Drupal
- Experience reporting and assessing web analytics
- Experience creating mobile/device responsive websites, or mobile-specific application development
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop, illustrator, or other tools for web design, graphic design, and photo manipulation
- Experience using a version control system (Git preferred)
- Experience with SEO concepts and techniques
Applicant Materials Required:
- Cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met
- URLs as examples of work
- Names and contact information for 3 professional references
NDSU offers a comprehensive benefits package with includes single or family health insurance coverage with premiums paid for by the university – with an effective date for new employees the first of the month following date of hire. Other benefits include, wellness benefits, basic life insurance, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual leave, EAP, sick leave and holiday pay. Optional benefits include supplemental life, dental, vision, long-term care insurance, flexible spending account, and supplemental retirement plans.
North Dakota State University is distinctive as a student-focused, land-grant, research university. Our main campus is located in Fargo, ND with Extension Service and Research Experiment Station locations across the entire state. NDSU has been listed in the Top 100 public research universities in the United States for research and development in agricultural sciences, psychology, and social sciences, based on reported research expenditures.
NDSU is an exciting place to work offering a stimulating and diverse environment richly populated with people pursuing life-long learning and personal growth. Employees often attend on-campus cultural events, lectures, athletic events and enjoy walks through our beautiful campus.
NDSU employs over 6000 full-time and part-time employees across the state, making it the second-largest employer in the community. NDSU is the best college in ND, according to Money Magazine (September 2018). NDSU was named a 2019 Best Value College by Forbes. Fargo made Livability.com’s top 10 list of cities to find a job and ranked at #11 for best places to live overall.
NDSU offers a wide array of professional opportunities including faculty, executive, managerial, professional, technical, paraprofessional, office support, servers and crafts/trades. Like a small city, NDSU operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Full time employees are offered a superb benefit package to include 100% company paid health insurance premiums and tuition assistance for employees and immediate family members. All of us at NDSU play an important role in serving our students and public constituencies. We encourage motivated and talented team members that thrive in a higher-ed environment to join our university!
With energy and momentum, North Dakota State University addresses the needs and aspirations of people in a changing world by building on our land-grant foundation.
No Smoking Notice:
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
North Dakota State University is an Equal Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender expression/identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, participation in lawful off-campus activity, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, public assistance status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, spousal relationship to current employee, or veteran status, as applicable.
Veteran’s Preference Notice:
This position is subject to North Dakota Veteran’s Preference requirements.