UI/UX Designers are vital to custom software design and development. Designers understand the customer’s business objectives and functional requirements and then envision the best ways in which users might achieve these goals using custom software. Based on this vision, they lay out the user experience (UX) of an application and then design the user interface (UI) to support it. Whether a web app, mobile app, or other, Designers are experts in envisioning how users move through the functions of an application, creating intuitive screen layouts, menu structures, taxonomies, and workflows in an application. Designers are the bridge between the requirements and the user. Designers draw pictures, create storyboards and high-fidelity wireframes, and use tools like Adobe XD to develop rapid prototypes.
- Four (4) years of formal education in a field requiring ideation, imagination, visualization of complex systems (software or otherwise), and artistic rendering of business concepts (equivalent experience will be considered)
- Practical experience – ideally a minimum of two (2) years – creating user interface designs for complex web and/or mobile software tools
- Practical experience with leading industry tools for graphic design and rapid prototyping – Adobe Creative Suite preferred, but industry-leading alternatives are acceptable
- Practical experience as a business analyst is also preferred (but not required)
- Expertise/experience in modern Microsoft Office suite – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint – highly preferred