Spotlight is constantly growing and changing. Throughout the years, we helped hundreds of companies with their advertising needs. That’s when we learned that they needed even more help with their marketing needs. Now, after nine years of producing award-winning and engaging content and websites, we are so excited to be able to help businesses with all of their marketing needs and launched a full-service Marketing Agency.
Spotlight is looking for an outgoing, deadline-driven, and creative person to act as a full-time videographer. Are you passionate about telling creative stories? Are you passionate about bringing a client's vision to life? Are you open to constructive criticism feedback and always looking to improve? If so, Spotlight has a career that will challenge and excite you.
The ideal candidate must have a good sense of telling interesting stories, be able to work under firm deadlines, and knows how to successfully take an idea from concept to reality. We are looking for somebody to create and edit videos and video content for marketing campaigns, social media, websites, television ads, and more. This position will work with Spotlight's customers and Spotlight's brands on creating video content that will drive retention and impact.
Along with the video work, photography experience is a must as you will be taking photos for clients and Spotlight publications in addition to video.
* Submit previous video and photography samples with your resume.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create impactful videos for Spotlight customers that will help drive their marketing bottom line.
- Create videos for Spotlight publications, including Fargo INC!, Fargo Monthly, Bison Illustrated, and Design & Living Magazine.
- Work with the social media team to grow YouTube content and Facebook pages by curating, editing, and optimizing videos for success.
- Assist with pre-production brainstorming, concept, and scriptwriting.
- Operate video cameras, on location in the production of professional pre-recorded programming.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- First and foremost, you must have a true love of the Fargo-Moorhead area and a desire to tell its story.
- 2+ years of experience, preferably with client service experience
- Strong sense of storytelling and narrative skills
- Skilled with audio and video equipment and lighting
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite and Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro
- Basic knowledge of advertising and marketing campaigns*
- Flexible working with a team, giving and taking direction
- Strong sense of lighting and shot composition
- Able to work well under pressure and on short timelines
- An eye for detail, along with critical thinking
- Prioritizing and multitasking
- A College degree in videography, photography, or related field is preferred
- Live in the Fargo-Moorhead area
- Have a valid driver's license and a reliable source of transportation.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical Insurance (50% employer paid for employee)
- Dental and Vision Insurance (50% employer paid for employee)
- Vision Savings Pass (discount program)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% employer paid for employee)
- Paid Time Off (6 hours per pay period; 18 days per year)
- Volunteer Time Off (8 hours per year)
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Matching Charitable Donations (up to $50 per year)
- Individual Retirement Account
- Summer hours (office closes at noon on Fridays Memorial Day-Labor Day)
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Temporary
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Expected salary? Please be specific
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Filming: 1 year (Required)
- One location